Tuesday, November 27, 2018

... and so it begins, 2019

I have been out a whopping three days this year, mainly just working the cobwebs out at Snowbowl.  From social media, it appears that the normal early season haunts are just starting to fill in, and I can't wait for some real coverage.  So far, the best day was a sunny Sunday afternoon where I eked out the first 10,000 foot day of the year by skiing eight Lavelle laps.  As a test, I pushed at a pretty bright pace and did it in just under 5 hours, which is the fastest I have ever amassed that kind of vertical.
Ned and Jeffrey pretending there is enough snow to ski on the lower flanks of Lolo peak.
Nearing sunset with two Lavelle climbs to go to meet my 10k elevation goal.
Building a fitness base for longer days to come.
I haven't outlined my goals for the season quite yet, but it is about time to dust off the list of local areas to explore, kick some speedyish projects around, and start scheming bigger tours.  It is feels good to be going into ski season fit and ready. Here's to a safe winter of skiing.

No comments:

Post a Comment